2021: Railroad Resilience
Dear colleagues and friends-
Thank you for your patronage and support during these unprecedented times.
In 2020, our industry endured a remarkable year. We embraced the challenges of COVID 19 and have, once again, proven that our industry is resilient in times of change. Many of you have worked hard to maintain work-life balance, and as essential workers, we thank you for your service. In 2021, the New England Railroad Club renews our commitment to promote our mission and expand on our theme of Railroad Resilience: Driving Industry Advancement. As you are aware, we continue to work under protocols required to control the spread of the Coronavirus (“COVID19”). Under these terms, our social interactions continue to be impacted by requirements for safety across New England to maintain social distancing with restrictions in travel and conditioned social gatherings. It is for the safety of us all that we continue to encourage compliance with the mandates of CDC and our State jurisdictions.
This year we have aligned a program around the theme of Railroad Resilience. There are changes to our normal business events and opportunities to continue promoting our mission and engaging our members. What is new in 2021:
- The 3rd Vincent “Vin” Terrill Lifetime Achievement Award. To honor Vin in memory of his legacy, this year we will be selecting a leader in the railroad industry from a selective pool of nominees to receive the highly coveted award. This will be announced in the coming months.
- The Monthly Member Spotlights starting in January of 2021. The Executive Board will select a member in good standing, whether a railroad professional, a vendor, consultant, Public Agent or other to highlight experience, work and other noteworthy information to share with our general community of members.
- The Presidents Young Professionals Advisory Council (YPAC)– The Presidents Young Professional Advisory Council is a critical component of the 2021 theme Railroad Resilience: Driving Industry Advancement. The objective of the Council is to provide young professionals (5 yrs or less in the railroad industry) with an opportunity to participate from meaningful discussions to promote advancement of our mission. It is a volunteer Council open to all members of the NERRC with active status.
- The Executive Lunch Series is intended to promote relevant industry topics while promoting our mission.
- Mechanical and Purchasing Night- Annual Meeting- Date TBD
- Rail Tech Conference/Engineering & Transit Night- Has been Moved to Fall of 2021- Date TBD
- Scholarship Golf Classic – Save the Date- May 21, 2021
- Executive Night – Date TBD
On behalf of the Executive Board, we wish you a year of good health and prosperity.
Clary Coutu, President New England Railroad Club